Apparently I’ve been tagged by Eric AND Jim on the Five Things meme. I have muttered and ranted about memes in the past, but I must admit that I’ve enjoyed reading about the strange pasts and dreams of my fellow bloggers. And is it not better to be an exhibitionist than a mere voyeur?
5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago:
- Being angsty & pseudo-goth, fighting with my parents about getting my nose pierced, and riding about on the backs of motorcycles
- Applying to small liberal arts colleges in order to major in English
- Dissecting a cat and a fetal pig in Anatomy & Physiology class and realizing that I really liked biology (I wasn’t a feline minion at the time – not sure I could dissect a cat with such glee now.)
- Teaching swimming lessons at the local YMCA
- Finishing my very last season of marching band. I played tenor sax and wore a silly hat.
5 Things On My To-Do List Today:
- Work on fellowship applications in hopes of getting paid next year
- Enter data & make sure it actually corresponds to my frozen samples
- Adjust brakes on bike in order to reduce horrible screeching sound while careening down the hill above school
- Attend SIO Holiday Party…
- And then drive up to Santa Barbara to visit JEByrnes!
5 Snacks I Love:
- Whitefish salad on a fresh New York bagel
- Zabar’s cinnamon rugelach
- Banana bread
- Guayaba paste with romano cheese
5 Things I’d do if I was a Millionaire:
- Give Apple more money! A Macbook for me and an iPhone for Eric!
- Go on a long tour of Asia (including diving in the South Pacific)
- Name a species after myself!
- Give a bunch of money to nonprofits – Aquatic Adventures, Donors Choose, and the Beagle Project of course
- Invest most of the money for a house
5 Places I’ve Lived:
- In a hut on the shoulder of Mt. Washington
- Manchester, NH
- Providence, RI
- Somerville, MA
- Brooklyn, NY
5 Jobs I’ve Had:
- Backcountry naturalist
- Taxidermy salesperson
- Construction project manager – with hardhat!
- Research analyst at an environmental consulting company
- Research minion scanning lots and lots of slides