Greetings from the ancestral Goldstein home in beautiful blizzardy New Hampshire. (Yes, there are Goldsteins in NH. Cause moose are kosher!) Perhaps too much cold weather as a child warped my brain, but I’ll take snow & seasons over the endless SoCal summer any day.
- Dr. Jane Lubchenco, a prominent and awesome marine ecologist, was appointed head of NOAA! Science is back in vogue in the US government! John Bruno at Climate Shifts has a nice writeup.
- Science, Education, and Society contemplates how society values (actually, doesn’t value) hands-on learning and craftsmenship.
- The Boston Globe’s Big Picture blog sums up the year in Big Pictures.
- From the always-classy lads at Zooillogix, XXX Hot Necrophiliac Lesbian Bdelloids XXX!!!
- From Martini-Corona’s dad: The Very Secret Christmas Cards of Ernst Haeckel.
And tonight is the first night of Hanukkah! Celebrate with No Limit Texas Dreidel and Erran Baron Cohen’s remix of that holiday classic, the Dreidel Song.