And the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is…

The Oyster’s Garter is going to be syndicated by Slate spinoff Double X! While the Oyster’s Garter home will remain here, blog posts will be simultaneously published over at Double X.

Double X is a new Web magazine, founded by women but not just for women, that Slate will launch in spring 2009. The site will spin off from  Slate ‘s XX Factor blog, where we’ve started a conversation among women–about politics, sex, and culture–that both men and women listen in on…We’ll tackle subjects high and low with an approach that’s unabashedly intellectual but not dry or condescending.

Double X is scheduled to launch in early May. I’m planning some extra-special sciencey goodness for launch week, but if you have suggestions for a glorious meeting of ladyblog+marine science, let me know!

27 Responses to And the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is…

1. whoa, congratulations! we always new you were teh awesome

2. yay for miriam and ocean science blogging!
    looking forward to many stories of polymorphously perverse marine life…

3. Double X-Citing!

(please do not ban me for lameness.)

4. Irradiatus says:

Mad props go to you!

It’s times like these I wish I could trade in my y for an x.

5. Art says:

Wow, I am so congratulating you!

6. Martini-Corona says:

WOOOOOO! I am so proud of you!

7. AWESOME! Congratulations! :)

Woo! Congratulations! This so totally rocks!

9. eheupel says:

Most awesome! Congratulations!

10. Kevin Z says:

w00t! Sea shanties for the masses! I think you should post the lyrics to Donkey Riding for your first post…

11. Thanks so much, all! The fantastic science blogging community is really what it’s all about. I’m just doing my part to expand the Borg.

12. I think you should sing some shanties for Podcast of the Blue #2. :)

(and I am thinking of instituting mandatory shanties on my upcoming cruise…hehehehe.)

13. Gila says:

Mazal tov!!!!!!!

14. Ollie says:

That is brilliant news! And hugely deserved too, congrats.

15. J says:

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(though I’m wondering, does this mean the Mr. will no longer be posting here?)

16. Fantastic, well-deserved news!!! Congratulations!

Yes, Kevin, sea shanties for the masses!

17. CR McClain says:

Excellent news Miriam. They could’ve picked no better!

18. Kurt says:

Marvelous!

19. Emily says:

Congratulations, Miriam! Way to be the rockin’est lady ocean blogger.

20. Mike says:

How extremely cool! Congrats, Miriam. You’re sure to class up this new publication.

21. Herr Wolff will still post as the mood takes him. But he spends most of his sciencey energy at Science Not Fiction these days.

22. Thanks so much, all! Will try to live up to your kind words. :)

23. Karen says:

As they say over here in the UK, “Brillig!”

24. [...] and you know that whole thing about Double X syndicating the Oyster’s Garter? Well, somehow I got it totally wrong. Most weeks, I’ll be posting [...]

25. I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is required to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours
    would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet smart so I’m not
    100% sure. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Kudos

26. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to uncover somebody with some original thoughts on this topic. realy thank you for starting this up. this web-site is something that is necessary on the web, somebody having a small originality. helpful job for bringing something new to the web!
    jordan 11 greys http://ameblo.jp/jordanshoesddq/entry-11639240476.html